The Cryptography Services Team at Robinhood exemplifies our Safety First value by building and operating services that protect our most critical data via encryption, signing and other cryptographic techniques. We operate Tier-0 services in production, as well as isolated high trust environments. As a Software Engineer on our Cryptography Services Team, you will be leading, building and owning our next generation cryptography platform. You will also gain an outstanding look into how the US financial system works on the inside and strengthen your financial and cryptocurrency domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while service unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles in our fast growing company.
What you’ll do
- You will design and build the next generation security services within our cryptography platform.
- You will own and work in a 24/7 on-call rotation for our core cryptographic services.
- You will partner with teams across Security & Privacy and Robinhood to address business and technical requirements by delivering secure solutions and features in accordance with our priorities and roadmap.
- You will write high quality and well tested, secure code to ship to our customers.
- You will create and implement strategies to continually improve the security posture of Robinhood’s cryptographic systems and the critical data they protect.
What you bring
- You have 3+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You are able to take on sophisticated engineering problems that deliver results which help the team to achieve its objectives.
- You have experience designing and implementing cryptographic services
- Experience working in financial or other regulated environments
- Strong understanding of cryptographic primitives, symmetric ciphers, encryption, secure hash functions or cryptoanalysis.
- You are comfortable programming in Python, Golang and building in AWS
What we offer
- Market driven and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $157000 – $185000
US Zone 2: $139000 – $163000
US Zone 3: $122000 – $144000