Our client is an American-based company that is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large. Their mission is to make cryptocurrency/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before. Our client’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all.
Job Type: Full Time | Remote
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Tax, Commerce, Finance or relevant field
- 5+ years experience in a similar/relevant field of corporate tax (post article)
- Experience and knowledge of tax regulations within African entities i.e Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Zambia, etc.
- 2-3 years of experience in a managerial position, managing a team.
- CA/CIMA membership and designation
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills
- Experience in being able to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to provide bespoke advice of the highest technical standard in a clear and concise manner at a senior level.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and work under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Well-rounded project and people management skills.
- Ability to grasp, navigate and solve complex business problems.
- Must be Performance driven
- Must be Proactive, Eager to learn and Adherence to company principles and values
- Desirable Criteria:
- Postgraduate studies in Taxation
- Previous experience in Cryptocurrency
- Previous experience in FinTech
- Responsibilities will be 60% tax related, and 40% corporate accounting related.
- Preparation and review of all Tax disclosure in financial statements.
- Preparation of corporate income and deferred tax computations including tax schedules for month ends, interim, final year end, for the group and its subsidiaries
- Preparation and review of provisional tax calculations including submission to revenue authorities across the group
- Arrange for payments of all direct and indirect taxes and follow up on outstanding refunds.
- Computations of all direct and indirect taxes for budget & forecast purposes.
- Preparation and review of monthly VAT calculations and submissions; and arranging payments.
- Maintain and build relationships with revenue authorities across the group entities in Africa and beyond
- Manage timely and accurate submissions of all tax returns along with Finance Managers across the Group.
- Assist with transfer pricing issues and planning.
- Response to daily tax enquires from business team or clients, business partners.
- Assist with information gathering for local tax compliance, transfer pricing, and global tax reporting.
- Liase with applicable tax authorities to resolve queries and reviews.
- Ensure Group Tax memo’s reflect the actual operational workings and the disclosure in the AFS.
- Manage and oversee tax audits.
- Responsible for the company’s tax risk management
- Provision of tax advice on corporate restructuring, capital gain tax, and cross border transactions.
- Interpreting and applying theoretical knowledge to a practical business solution by utilising a sound knowledge of income tax, corporate tax law and cryptocurrency taxation
- General duties:
- Gathering information from different sources by using effective research tools.
- Identifying income tax issues and use various tools and techniques to provide suggestions on how to solve them
- Adapting to a changing work environment
- Producing accurate work and deliverables to a high technical standard while coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Continuous maintenance and improvement of templates and standard operating
- Ad-hoc Tax and Finance related assistance on various projects that arise in the ordinary course of business to be deal with effectively and promptly – Assisting allbusiness units across the Group.
- Ad hoc other duties in the finance department with accounting, reporting, preparation of annual financial statements, etc.
If you are interested, please send your application via our website or Job Link! We look forward to hearing from you!
Black Pen Recruitment is a global recruitment agency that targets European, African and American Markets with headquarters based in Malta (Europe) and Cape Town (South Africa).