Job title: Tax Manager – Investment Management
Company: Wolf & Company
Job description: Wolf and Company is seeking an experienced investment management industry focused tax manager to join our tax team. This principal-track position with unlimited growth potential requires a motivated, experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and management skills. A successful candidate should possess a deep knowledge of federal and state taxation.
Your role will include the following responsibilities which are focused around two core concepts: your technical expertise and your ability to deliver excellent quality client service.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of business clients, primarily S corporations and partnerships in the investment management industry working with hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, fund-of-funds, funds that invest in digital assets, registered investment advisors, and family offices.
- Familiarity with taxation of a variety of financial products including equity investments, debt instruments, derivatives, commodities, cryptocurrency, and digital assets.
- Plan, execute, and deliver innovative federal and state tax planning, consulting and compliance expertise to clients.
- Review foreign filings including, but not limited to, Forms 5471, 8621,8858, 8865 and 8938 as well as foreign withholding Forms 1042, 1042-S, 8804, and 8805.
- Analysis of securities transactions including wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, and qualified dividends
- Conduct tax research related to federal and multi-state income taxes, including non-resident withholding and composite tax matters
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing expectations, meeting deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies
- Work closely with principals and staff on client management, professional development and business development activities
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff including performance and engagement reviews
- CPA certification required with 6+ years tax experience
- Expertise in S corporations and partnerships, including partnership capital account maintenance and allocations
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships
Wolf & Company, P.C. is committed to striving to be an employer of choice that embraces inclusion & diversity. At Wolf, the strength of our team is measured by the uniqueness of each and every one of us. Our culture of inclusion and diversity celebrates our differences and recognizes the ongoing need to build a welcoming, collaborative, and supportive environment where our people can be their authentic selves and thrive. We strive for diversity inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, education, social classes, veteran status, and so much more.
The salary range for this position is $108,400 – $196,100
Actual compensation within the range will be dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience, qualifications and location, and applicable employment laws. In addition to base pay, you may be eligible to participate in our performance-based incentive compensation or sales commission plans. In addition, Wolf offers a wide range of benefits including spot awards, 401(k) savings, flexible work, and a generous total rewards and benefits package.