Job title: Well Placement Engineer Job at Schlumberger Limited
Job description: Schlumberger Limited is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Location: Lagos
- The Well Placement Engineer is responsible for assisting in delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable products and services to our customers.
- Active participation in promoting new technology and services as well as real-time support to Operations as required.
- The job consults with operations groups as needed to support the area of expertise and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of product and service delivery and formally communicates findings.
- The Well Placement Engineer actively participates in promoting new technology, services offerings and supports the Business Line in risk management and applying lessons learned to improve job design and execution as related to the area of expertise.
- Provide technical support throughout the Sales and Product and Service Delivery process.
- Assist as required with the development of technical job designs for Business Lines.
- Assist in evaluating technical viability and overall appraisal of tenders as related to the area of expertise.
- Understand the competition’s technical offering
- Maintain customer visibility through active participation in professional society activities and calls for papers.
- Assist with identifying areas where new and cost-effective techniques can be applied.
- Explore opportunities for value-added products and services.
- Consult with Design/Technical Engineer role as required to optimize the technical design.
- Assist in real-time incident response, recovery, and investigation as related to the area of expertise.
- Contribute, write, and review technical publications.
- Engage with local universities, Customer institutes and research organizations.
- We are looking for people that are willing to learn, great attention to details, problem solving abilities, highly adaptable, performance driven, remain current on new technologies and collaborative skills with the below qualifications